Home Connect: Create a connected household in just a few steps
Watch a video tutorial to connect your home appliance
We have various videos that show you step-by-step how to connect your appliance to your Wi-Fi network.
How to connect your home appliance with Home Connect
Step 1: Download the Home Connect (America) app and create your user account
- Search for Home Connect (America) in your App Store and download the app. Create your user account, with your name and e-mail address.
- You will receive an e-mail with a validation link. Confirm your registration by clicking on the validation link. After validating your registration, return to the Home Connect app and sign in.
Step 2: Connect your home appliance with your home network
Click on “Add appliance“ to start the Home Connect installation. There are two ways in which home appliances can be integrated into your home network:
Switch on your home appliance and go to the appliance settings. Navigate to Manual Network Connection (also called SA) on the home appliance and click on connect. Since this step may vary on different home appliances, please see the printed installation guide (supplied with your home appliance or download below). The home appliance now establishes its own temporary Wi-Fi network with the name „HomeConnect“. Take your Smartphone or Tablet and connect it with this temporary network (password: "HomeConnect"). Then return to the Home Connect app and enter your home network credentials which will be passed on to the home appliance to connect itself within your home network.
Wireless Protected Setup:
Switch on your home appliance and go to the appliance settings. Navigate to Automatic Network Connection (also called AC) on the home appliance and click on connect. Approach now your Wi-Fi router and activate the WPS function. Please refer to your router manual for further details.
Step 3: Add your home appliance to your Home Connect account
To finalize the setup, you need to add the home appliance to your Home Connect account. Go to your home appliance and navigate to the settings. Then activate "Connect to the app". Since this step may vary on different home appliances, please see the printed installation guide (supplied with your home appliance or download below). The Home Connect app automatically detects your appliance. To complete the installation process, select "Add device" in the app.
Appliance installation guide
Installation guides for Bosch home appliances
Find the right installation guide for your Bosch home appliance by simply entering your model number (E-Nr).
Installation guides for Gaggenau home appliances
Find the right installation guide for your Gaggenau home appliance by simply entering your model number (E-Nr).
Installation guides for Thermador home appliances
Find the right installation guide for your Thermador home appliance by simply entering your model number (E-Nr).
Home Connect questions and answers
Check whether your appliance is compatible with 2.4 GHz band or 5 GHz: Certain Home Connect appliances currently only work with 2.4 GHz band. Check your user manual to determine which bands your appliance will work with. When you connect an appliance, please change the settings for your network accordingly.
Encrypted Wi-Fi network: Home Connect will not work with open networks. It requires security level WPA2.
Compatible network modes: IEEE 802.11 a, b, g and n. Please ensure that your router is set up accordingly.
No browser registrations: Home Connect does not work with Wi-Fi networks which require browser registration, e. g. where the user name and password must be entered via the web browser.
Turn off the "MAC Filter" on the router to prevent MAC addresses for your home appliances and communication-enabled appliances from being saved.
The use of proxies is not recommended.
Ports 443, 8080 and 123 must be open.
Enable multicast-routing option: This option must be enabled on the router in order to establish a connection to Home Connect appliances.
Ensure you meet the minimum requirements
- Ensure your appliance is connected to the right network (Note some appliances only work with 2.4 GHz and will not connect to 5 GHz router). If using a dual band router ensure the names for the two networks are different. Check your appliance user manual for information on what network it can connect to.
Check for these common errors:
- Ensure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network that you are connecting your appliance to connected to.
- Ensure you follow the Home Connect installation guide that came with your appliance. Each appliance requires different steps
Ensure you don’t use cellular connection during the pairing process: While pairing turn on airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi.
- Some devices will search for a connection that has Internet; during the paring process your mobile device will connect with the appliance‘s Wi-Fi network to transfer credentials. Since the appliance does not have an internet connection the mobile device will switch to another network that does, interrupting the pairing process.
Check your Wi-Fi connection
- Check whether you can get online with another device in your home. Make sure you are not using cellular connection to test your Internet connection.
- Ensure there is a strong network connection where the appliance is installed
Restart your router
- Unplug your routers (and range extenders/Wi-Fi repeaters) ensuring all lights are off. Keep unplugged for 30 seconds and then plug your routers back in. Wait until the router completely restarts and check the connection with another mobile device.
Check your router‘s user manual for more information.
Reinstall the app and restart your mobile device
- Uninstall and download the latest version of the Home Connect app. After doing so restart your mobile device and begin the pairing process again.
Factory reset your appliance
- In your use and care manual you will find instructions for resetting your appliance.
Video tutorials: Connecting Bosch home appliances to the Home Connect app
How to connect your Bosch oven to the Home Connect app.
How to connect your Bosch dishwasher to the Home Connect app.
Bosch coffee machine
How to connect your Bosch coffee machine to the Home Connect app.
Bosch fridge without camera
How to connect your Bosch fridge without a camera to the Home Connect app
Contact and Customer Service
How can we help you?
Do you have questions about Home Connect or the home appliances equipped with the Home Connect function? Then get in touch and use our Customer Service. We are happy to help.