You can now control the consumption of the energy you produce at home and free yourself from the burden of rising power costs. Selected Bosch and Siemens dishwashers, washing machines and dryers with the Home Connect function now also feature the Flex Start function. In conjunction with a third party energy manager and a photovoltaic system, or a economy tariff, the function enables you to take immediate advantage of the benefits of intelligent energy management.
This is how it works.
For example, you set the latest time you want your washing machine to complete its programme and activate the energy manager. The appliance then hands over the control of the finishing time to your household’s energy manager. This calculates the optimum starting time that’s needed to make best use of the most economical energy source (e.g. power from a photovoltaic source or a economy tariff). If no energy advantages are available, the machine programme will be automatically switched to conventional power supply to ensure that the laundry is completed by the specified latest finishing time.
The components you need:
- A dishwasher, washing machine or dryer with Home Connect and the Flex Start function: Initially available only in Germany and Austria. Our customer service would be pleased to tell you more about the appliances featuring Home Connect and the Flex Start function.
- A photovoltaic system or a economy tariff
- An energy manager, an inverter and an energy meter from a third-party provider: Integration of the EEBus Standard means that selected home appliances with Home Connect are compatible with every energy manager that implements the EEBus communication protocol. EEBus interoperability of home appliances from Bosch and Siemens has been assured by a cooperation with SMA and the use of their Sunny Home Manager. Please visit the SMA website to find the countries and distribution channels in which the Sunny Home Manager is available.
- WLAN router with Internet access: Communication between the Sunny Home Manager and the home appliances with Home Connect function is handled by the same WiFi your appliances are connected to. The Sunny Home Manager communicates with the inverter via Bluetooth/LAN and must be connected to the Internet by LAN, i.e. by an Ethernet cable plugged into the router.
Pairing an SMA energy manager and home appliances with Home Connect
- Establish a connection between your home appliance and the Home Connect app.
- Establish a connection between the energy manager and your home appliance. A connection between the home appliance and the energy manager is only possible when the appliance is connected to a Home Connect account and is not already connected to other components by EEBus.
- Establish the connection between the home appliance and the energy manager by preparing the appliance for connection and then removing the plug of the energy manager from the power socket and plugging it back in. This forces a restart of the energy manager.
- After the restart, the appliance will now also be displayed in the Sunny Portal.
Please consult the user manual provided with your Sunny Home Manager for more detailed information.